COVID Cases in Willow Class
Over the weekend we have been made aware that there have been positive cases of COVID confirmed within Willow class. Your child has been identified as a direct contact. Following an increase in positive COVID cases amongst pupils and staff, we have been in close collaboration with Sandwell Education and Public Health as it is apparent that we need to implement more robust measures to protect the school community. These measures have been agreed by all parties, including the Governing Board.
Public Health have advised us that all direct contacts in Willow should stay away from school until Thursday 7 October 2021. Pupils should take a PCR test and if these tests are negative, they can return to school on Thursday 7 October unless they develop symptoms as detailed below.
Any previous tests conducted over the weekend are not relevant as the contact will have been too recent to identify any transmission for these to be picked up on PCR or LFT tests.
Based on my letter on Friday the following scenario applies:
My child is a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- The child will need to remain away from school for a period of 5 days.
- The whole class group will remain away from school for a period of 5 days.
- Any transport links will need to remain away for a period of 5 days.
- They do not need to isolate unless they develop symptoms.
- The child needs a PCR test on day one or as soon as possible.
- The child needs an LFT test on day five before they return to school.
- Where possible it is highly recommended to complete daily LFTs.
- If they develop symptoms between day one and day five they will need to book a PCR test.
- An online learning offer will be provided and communicated to all those concerned.
You can arrange a PCR test via this link https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing/get-tested-for-coronavirus/. When the online form asks for the reason for taking a test, please choose the option “I’ve been told to get a test by my local council, health protection team or healthcare professional”.
If your child develops any of the following symptoms at any point during their isolation, please arrange another PCR test:
- new continuous cough and/or
- high temperature and/or
- a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
- aches and pains
- feeling very tired for no good reason
- sore throat
- runny nose
- tummy ache/upset tummy in children.
If your child’s PCR test comes back positive, please ring the School on 0121 561 6884. We would be grateful if you could send a copy of all test results to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the School.
O M Flowers